Teacher Leadership & Learning
CommunityShare was founded by educators for educators.
In light of the central role teachers have played in CommunityShare’s development, CommunityShare launched an Educator Action Council (EAC) in 2014. The EAC is a group of passionate K-12 teachers throughout Tucson who are committed to community engagement, student agency and project-based, real-world learning. The EAC serves as a teacher-led professional learning community for teachers to develop their own teaching practice and to ensure that CommunityShare’s work reflects the needs and goals of teachers and students.
We are currently seeking a few visionary teachers to join our Educator Action Council!! Apply by December 10th, 2017!!
Why should you apply? What are the benefits of joining the EAC?
- “Workshop” your curriculum ideas in a teacher-run professional learning community
- Develop your teaching practice around building student agency through project-based learning, real-world learning and community engagement
- Share your plans, hopes and dreams with like-minded teachers in a safe, fun environment
- Help distribute small grants to Tucson teachers who want to implement community projects
- Shape the future of CommunityShare as a potential national model
- Enjoy yummy snacks with inspiring company!
What is the commitment?
- Meet one evening a month after school for 2 hours throughout the school year
How will applicants be selected?
- CommunityShare’s current EAC members will select a small number of teachers from district and public charter schools throughout the greater Tucson region. The EAC will have 12-15 total members.
If you are a teacher in the greater Tucson region and want to apply, here is our EAC Application. Please download the completed application and email it to Kendall Crabbe by December 10th at: email@example.com. Any questions about the application process should be directed to Kendall.